Monday, October 29, 2012

Things I Would Never do Without

Hi guys- today I want to share with you some things I would never be seen without and how I use regular (and not so regular) tools to cope with life and daily events.


1. Go-Girl Feminine Urination Device

This little darling allows me to urinate without having to touch any public toilets-since I am not too good at squatting over a toilet and would rather avoid the possibility of touching the seat I got the go girl to empower me during my travels. As I enjoy travelling on long road trips this comes in handy. I use it hiking, on the side of the road on deserted country interstates and generally any appropriate area when my bladder is full (public restrooms disgust me and border on a phobia). Considering that I need tons of water to keep hydrated this is the only way for me to travel without having to constantly use public restrooms. Just a word of warning-if ladies hear you using it in a public restroom you might have to explain yourself-I've gotten some weird looks! Spread the world and use a go girl feminine urination device.




2. Hearos Earplugs

These are pretty good earplugs but I'm sure there are better ones out there. For now they work for me and block out a lot of noise. Having a conversation with these, however is not easy to do because, well, they work. If you are like me you might end up yelling at someone right in front of you and that's annoying. They are small and I have always dreaded the earmuffs as they tend to scream "hey, everyone, look at me-I am eccentric!" And since everybody already knows that I thought, hey, why not be on the discreet side and use some natural colored earplugs from Hearos. At least I won't embarrass myself.




3. Vapur Bottle

BPA free vapur bottle was patented in the US and should absolutely not be bought from Amazon as they have knockoffs from China that fall apart and are made with toxic chemicals so please buy these from the main site if you want to buy one to avoid getting ripped off. Great things about these is that I can't break it, it's BPA free, it can go in the freezer and it keeps me hydrated everywhere I go. People with epilepsy need more water than other people so I am constantly drinking. What's great about these is they can fold up when you're done so no bulk. Another pro is they are great for the environment if you used to buy all your water in disposable bottles.





4. Silk Clothing

Silk clothes have been a great service to me as some days I wake up with the scratchies all over. It's a sensitivity overload that makes me have to pull up my hair as even the feeling of my hair against my skin is painful like hundreds of needles poking into my flesh. Silk clothes don't need to be expensive if you are on a budget. Try Dharma Trading Company for inexpensive bulk silk fabrics and clothes. You are sure to find what you are looking for in a gift for you or your autistic friend or family member. Silk feels smooth and soothing against the skin as it is close in composition to the makeup of human skin containing many of the same amino acids that skin has. Autistic people who suffer from skin sensitivities will find wearing silk to be a great natural therapy to heal and naturally treat skin disorders.






5. Leather-Soled Shoes



The fact that people with autism tend to suffer from mitochondrial problems is enough to wear Minnetonka Moccasins and others like them but I also wear them because of the extreme comfort and reliability. All of my shoes are flat without rubber soles as rubber cuts you off from the earth's natural supply of information. People tend to experience more attention problems and mood problems with thick rubber soled shoes as it disrupts normal neurotransmitter activity. Wearing natural shoes and going barefoot as much as possible has grounded me and allowed me to work in harmony with myself. Some other benefits leather shoes and barefoot walking have given me are clearer thoughts, a better heating/cooling system and awareness of my body. Less tripping over things and feeling out of sorts-I became a barefoot enthusiast years ago and have been one every since!

No comments:

Post a Comment